Gentlemen,
Was this past weekend not glorious? Wouldn't it have been nice to have been on the Buffalo? It's just February...but I got a feeling that we are going to enjoy some exceptional Spring weather during our trip this year and that the water is going to be fantastic!
I just wanted to drop a line and thank all of you who have already signed up. Time passes quickly... When this trip started I was a young man and my sons were boys. Now, well, I'm a little older and my sons have become young men. I'm blessed. My sons and I have enjoyed such glorious memories from our trips over the last 15 years that they still get excited and look forward to inviting new friends to share the experience with them. For whatever reason, should this be our last trip together we will always have these exceptional memories from our Buffalo River Trips in common and for us the memories made will last us a lifetime. My desire is someday they will draw from these memories and that they will be inspired to make some similar ones of their own with their friends and their sons. That is a legacy I would love to leave them and I know many of you no doubt feel the same. When the time comes to take up the "rocking chair" let's look back on a lifetime full of "glorious" memories and know that our Buffalo trips together contributed greatly to the quality of our life's journey.
The trip sign up deadline shall be Thursday, March 24. We have some work to do in order to meet our goal of leaving no father & son behind. It's time to focus...because the trip will be here before you know it. Encourage everyone you know to go ahead and sign up. The trip is open to all alumni, grandfathers, fathers, sons and their friends. I know our lives and our sons lives are very busy...so much to do...but I can assure you...our father-son river trips provide an opportunity to make "unique memories" with a bunch of great fathers and sons...lasting memories...memories that will be remembered years from now. Join us! Go to http://camptatum.com and look for the Buffalo 2011 sign up link...sign up...
As I mentioned before, this is the busy season for canoeing the Buffalo in Jasper. Our cut off date of approximately three weeks out from departure is necessary in order to reserve the necessary canoes, get our T-Shirts ordered and distributed prior to the trip and the trip money collected. Speaking of T-Shirts...as soon as Laura with Tommy Tee's comes up with another brilliant design...I will let you know and I will incorporate it as our 16th Annual Trip Logo. I will also in the near future post our trip costs list with a deadline. My experience over the years has suggested that my collecting the money for the Gordon canoes and rooms just seems to be more convenient for everyone. Our "River Talk Blog" shall become more active as the trip approaches. I hope to use it to inspire and inform...
Thanks again, and remember "let's leave no father and son behind".
Happy President's Day...and have a great week.
The Founder
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment